S'abimer: to spoil.
Françoise came into the living room this evening and said (in French), "I think your fruit is going bad. It smells." Turns out ALL my fruit went bad at EXACTLY the same time. Oranges. Lemons. My artichoke. Qu'est-ce qui se passe? This has never happened before. This wouldn't be such a huge deal if I weren't deathly afraid of mold. I can handle spiders. I can handle snakes. I can handle heights and the dark. But not mold. Good thing Tanya lives with me, and it's a good thing she's willing to throw out my rotten food. The article below sums up perfectly my feelings about the disgusting growth that steals our once sweet and lovely fruits and vegetables from us. You'll have to pardon the language, but I promise, it is good. And so true.
http://nomorewastedpaper.wordpress.com/2006/12/11/dear-intense-fear-of-mold/
Here's to not buying more fruit than I can consume in one week.
25 March 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Like what you read? Leave a comment!