To be honest, there's really nothing much to report. Evenings these days have been sweet and calm. Spring has sprung, and everything is all bloomed and pink and pretty. My nose has been running non stop, and I can't go ten minutes without being racked with sneezes, but you know what? I'll take pollen over cold driving rain any day. (French people, by the way, don't say "bless you"! What the heck?) Paris seems to get a bit more friendly when the weather gets nicer. More folks outside, more tourists crowding the metros. It's nice to see some more life in the city.
I met up with Mark Anthony and Patrick today after work to play some tennis. Well, I suck at tennis. Hand-eye coordination didn't seem to click today. I'm more of a runner, you see. (Been clocking miles for two weeks now and no more knee pain!) It was fun though. I finally got the hang of it after a few misdirected serves into the court next to ours. (And by a few I mean like a dozen...) I don't give up easily though (read: I'm stubborn, not necessarily determined), so maybe I'll dust off the racket in our basement at home and try to find a court and a partner when I get back to Amhurrica.
Afterwards, MA and I threw together an improv dinner of baked tortellini with bolognaise sauce and cheese, along with cidre, and some ice cream-chocolate-nutella sauce that MA concocted that tasted like a warm, melted piece of heaven. We chatted it up for a couple hours, then I headed home, full and satisfied. The evening was so cool and inviting that I returned chez moi à pied. The walk was about 40 or 45 minutes, and lovely the whole way.
In other news, Jordan is coming! And we're going to Italy! And it's going to be awesome! One final frontier before my bank account suffers its fatal wound. (It's pretty severely injured right now.) But whatever. I didn't spend all summer walking around looking like Smokey the Bear in my silly park ranger hat and ugly, hip-enlarging brown pants for nothing! It's time to put my hard-earned savings to good use! I'll be frugal when I get back to the States. But for now, here's to learning Italian in just two weeks. :-)
25 April 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Like what you read? Leave a comment!