...is actually not the correct way to say "I'm finished." Unless you mean in the dead sort of way. As in when I die, I'll be finished. Or my midterms killed me, so now I'm finished. To say you're finished with a project, or with dinner, or with tying your shoe, the correct phrase is, "J'ai fini." I, however, meant the first version.
Midterms are over, and je suis fini. More in the sense that I'm exhausted than anything else. The tests themselves weren't that bad, though they would have been better had I studied sooner than yesterday night at about 8 o'clock. Sorry college, I cheated on you with my new friend Paris.
One of the things I did yesterday instead of study for midterms was book two trips: one to Madrid for next weekend, and one to....A SOCCER GAME IN BARCELONA!! Madrid is cool, ya know, but I'm so excited for the football match in Barcelona that the only way I can express it in writing is to use all caps and add a gross amount of explanation points after BARCELONA!!!!!!!
I'm going to Madrid for a long weekend with Tanya and four other friends. The only thing that stands between me and Espagne are three presentations, a paper, and a quiz. All due next week. Nothing much.
I'm going to Barcelona with a friend for part of spring break. We were lucky enough to snag one of the last sets of seats that were actually next to each other (as opposed to caty-corner, or even better, a section apart). Judging by how difficult it was for us to find two seats together, I think the game is nearly sold out. Which will be awesome. The only thing standing between us and Barcelona is, well, an actual ticket TO Barcelona. Haha. Minor detail. (Oh yeah, and finals. Another minor detail.)
For the first time in the month or so that I've been here (whoa, it's been more than month already?!), I am finally starting to enjoy myself. I've been having a good time so far, and I've met a lot of cool people, seen some cool stuff, etc., but it hasn't really felt like what I thought a trip to Europe would feel like. Being in Paris is great, but there has not really been anything magical about this place for me, not like there seems to be for other people. I haven't had that, "Wow, I'm in freaking Paris!" feeling at all yet. I think now that I actually have travel plans, now that I will actually be exploring new places and doing the things for which I have so frugaly saved all my pennies, this study abroad thing will start to feel more like it should. And as more time passes, I think the wow-factor of my host city will kick in a bit more. Or maybe I'm just not the exciteable type. I dunno.
Anywho, I need to dormir. And by dormir I mean sleep for the next four to six hours to make up for what I missed last night. Peace.
13 February 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Have you decided on where to go for the rest of your spring break? I hear Rome's pretty cool! ;-)
ReplyDelete