Another thing that made today one of the best days I've had so far: Tanya's and my favorite boulangerie reopened this morning after a ten-day vacation. I went there for a chausson aux pommes for breakfast. The smell of freshly baked bread and warm pastries was divine.
Ingrina is in town for a couple days, so I hung out with her for most of the afternoon and showed her around a bit. It was fun playing host for a few hours. The weather was pretty gloomy this morning, but as is custom in this old city, it cleared up into a beautiful afternoon. The sunset today was one of the best yet. We visited the Museé d'Orsay, the Louvre (just the outside to take a picture of the pyramid), and Notre Dame. The Musée d'Orsay used to be a train station, a fact that is obvious upon entrance. It looked a bit like Grand Central Station in NYC, but much prettier (not that Grand Central isn't cool). I absolutely loved it. More than the Louvre. We got a fleeting glimpse of the inside of Notre Dame before the
We relaxed from a full day of walking (I walked all day, from my house to BU, then from BU to the Musée d'Orsay (and all of its exhibits), to the Louvre, to Notre Dame, which is probably 4 or 5 miles total) with some café au lait and pain au chocolate from a nearby café. The
I did not do a lick of homework today. And it was splendid. I'm going to bed now, and I've done nothing productive in the way of academia. But I think today's activities were infinitely more valuable than teaching myself the conjugations of the conditional passé or the passé intérieur (which no one uses anyway), so no worries.
The delicious dinner was the crowning point to my wonderful day.
A final word about the French onion soup: Françoise's was good, but my mom's is better.
ooooooooooh.
ReplyDeletei've been to musee d'orsay and the notre dame
i wish i could eat all the things you're eating!
thanks a bunch camille. i had a blast with you. i had a crepe later that night, and then another today before i left. HAHA.
ReplyDeletelardons?
ReplyDelete